Worker Training Program
The HAZMAT Disaster Preparedness Training Program (HDPTP) was established in 2005 in response to lessons learned from national disasters, including the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. The program supports the development and delivery of disaster-specific training to prepare workers to respond to natural disasters and possible future terrorist incidents involving weapons of mass destruction.
Training provided under the HDPTP:
- Augments prevention and preparedness efforts in a wide variety of high-risk settings.
- Enhances the safety and health training of hazardous materials workers, emergency responders, and skilled support personnel.
- Ensures responders are aware of site-specific hazards and mitigation techniques prior to and during response activities.
The following organizations are funded through May 2025.
- Alabama Fire College
- Community College Consortium for Health and Safety Training
- CPWR – The Center for Construction Research and Training
- International Association of Fire Fighters
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters
- International Chemical Workers Union Council Center for Worker Health and Safety Education
- New Jersey/New York Hazardous Materials Worker Training Center
- Nova Southeastern University
- Prevention, Prepardeness, and Response (PR2) Consortium
- Sustainable Workplace Alliance
- The New England Consortium-Civil Service Employees Association
- The Steelworkers Charitable and Educational Organization
- Western Region Universities Consortium