The mission of the NIEHS Office of Human Research and Community Engagement (OHRCE) is:
- To provide leadership and management of a comprehensive Human Research Protection Program (HRPP) by:
- Ensuring the appropriate protections of research participants while providing protocol navigation, study monitoring, study initiation strategies, guidance, and support for researchers and study staff.
- Providing national and international leadership in the development of human research protection resources and tools for disaster research and vulnerable communities experiencing disasters, through the NIH/NIEHS Disaster Research Response Program.
- To provide outreach and engagement with vulnerable populations and communities that addresses issues of environmental health disparities, environmental racism, and environmental justice — and enhances health resiliency, disease prevention, and health equity — by:
- Developing and implementing community-engaged research and outreach strategies for enhancing and promoting environmental public health and environmental health literacy.
- Developing evidence-based community health interventions for improved research strategies as well as clinical recruitment and policy development.
OHRCE is involved in the following programs:
Joan P. Packenham, Ph.D.
Director, NIEHS Office of Human Research and Community Engagement (OHRCE);
Jane M. Lambert
Regulatory Affairs Specialist
Lynae T. Baker, M.P.H.
Christine B. Philput, Ph.D.
Contractor — Quality Assurance Specialist
Craig Wladyka, M.P.A., CIP
Clinical Protocol Coordinator
Jaslyn A. Grullon, M.P.H.
Contractor — Scientific Program Analyst
Questions and Concerns About an Ongoing Study at NIEHS
If you have any problems or questions about a study, or about your rights as a research participant, or about any research-related injury, you may contact the Principal Investigator for your study or you may also call one of the following:
- NIEHS Office of Human Research and Community Engagement
- Tel 919-541-4265
- NIH Office of Human Subjects Research Protections
- Tel 301-402-3713
- 6700B Rockledge Drive Suite 4300
Bethesda, MD 20897
Please note, if you send information to the email addresses above, please do not include sensitive information or personal health information.