The Molecular Genomics Core Laboratory provides intramural researchers with access to cutting edge genotyping, microarray, Nanostring, nucleic acid isolation, and sequencing services. The core strives to support this work with technical and bioinformatics components for every project.
To maintain a state-of-the-art program to provide the capacity for NIEHS investigators to perform genotyping, microarray, Nanostring, and sequencing experiments.Types of projects we do:
- Genotyping: human and mouse
- Microarray: Affymetrix, Agilent, and Illumina platforms
- Nanostring: custom and off the shelf code sets
- Nucleic Acid Isolation: DNA extractions from multiple sample types
- Sequencing: Sanger sequencing for E. coli, human, mouse, and yeast
NIEHS Shared and Core Facilities are available to NIH researchers. Information for staff on utilizing these services may be found on the NIEHS Junction or by contacting the staff below.
Kevin Gerrish, Ph.D.
Director, Molecular Genomics Core Laboratory
P.O. Box 12233Mail Drop D2-04Durham, N.C. 27709