Skip Navigation
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Dot gov

The .gov means it’s official.
Federal government websites often end in .gov or .mil. Before sharing sensitive information, make sure you’re on a federal government site.


The site is secure.
The https:// ensures that you are connecting to the official website and that any information you provide is encrypted and transmitted securely.

Internet Explorer is no longer a supported browser.

This website may not display properly with Internet Explorer. For the best experience, please use a more recent browser such as the latest versions of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and/or Mozilla Firefox. Thank you.

Your Environment. Your Health.

Housing & Transportation

NIH Summer Internship Program

Housing and transportation are not provided by the NIEHS. For our Summer Internship Program, the intern and/or the parent(s)/guardian(s) are responsible for making housing arrangements on their own, we aren’t able to help in this process or give housing advice.

We would suggest you use sites such as the ones listed below to look for housing options. Our campus is fairly close to UNC, Duke and NCSU so in the past many students have found housing or summer sublet opportunities near the universities.

Please note- NIEHS does not endorse or promote any of these sites or the housing found by using them. This is shared for informational purposes only and is not meant to be exhaustive.


  1. Provides transportation for Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary, and Research Triangle Park.
    Triangle Transit Authority (TTA)
    Tel 919-549-9999
  2. Chapel Hill Transit (CHT)
    Tel 919-968-2769
  3. Capital Area Transit (CAT) (Raleigh)
    Tel 919-828-SCAT (7228)
  4. Durham Area Transit Authority (DATA)
    Tel 919-683-DATA (3282)
  5. UNC-CAR (Chapel Hill) Campus Area Rideshare
    Tel 919-962-1501
  6. NCSU Wolfline (Raleigh)
    Tel 919-821-2111
  7. Duke University Transit (Durham)
    Tel 919-684-2218
to Top