New Research Reveals a Mitochondrial Gene That Protects Against Dementia and Other Diseases of Aging
September 21, 2018 - New research from USC has uncovered a previously unknown genetic risk factor for Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias. The study provides insights on how these conditions, and other diseases of aging, might one day be treated and prevented.
Recent News Releases:
- September 21, 2018:
- New Research Reveals a Mitochondrial Gene That Protects Against Dementia and Other Diseases of Aging
- August 31, 2018:
- Genetics and Pollution Drive Severity of Asthma Symptoms
- August 28, 2018:
- Child Lead Exposure Study Finds Substantial Reductions Possible
- August 16, 2018:
- First Biomarker Evidence of DDT-Autism Link
We are committed to providing you with the most accurate and up-to-date environmental health information and we can help you:
- Arrange interviews with NIEHS and NTP scientists or staff
- Learn about the latest research
- Understand the results of NIEHS and NTP studies
- Get information about NIEHS and NTP programs, activities and environmental health topics
Christine Flowers, M.A.
Director, Office of Communications and Public Liaison
Robin L. Arnette, Ph.D.
Virginia T. Guidry, Ph.D.
Science News Director
Email News Lists
Please see the subscribe information or unsubscribe instructions to join or remove yourself from NIEHS mailing lists.