Contracts & Acquisitions
The NIEHS Office of Acquisitions conducts acquisitions for the services, supplies, and necessary items associated with the research and administration of NIEHS; plans and directs the business management activities of the various NIEHS programs; and provides liaison with NIH, HHS, the Small Business Administration (SBA), and other federal agencies.
Current Requests for Proposals
When RFP's have been issued they are available at FedBizOps .
- As of January 7, 2016 - Branch A & B Research and Development Contracts(100KB)
- As of January 7, 2016 - Branch C Station Support Active Contracts(98KB)
- Simplified Acquisition/Small Purchases (non-R&D contracts less than $150,000)
Proposal Delivery Instructions
NIEHS must receive all Contract Proposals and Simplified Acquisition quotes at the prescribed location prior to the closing date and time or the proposal will be considered late!
- Delivery by United States Postal Service or commercial carriers: send to the address listed in the solicitation.
- Hand Delivery: deliver to the appropriate office below between 6:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. on regularly scheduled government workdays.
- What: All Contract Proposals and Simplified Acquisition Quotes
- Where: guard station on the first floor of 530 Davis Drive, Morrisville, NC 27560
Research Contract Questions
Bernie Salter Jr
Supervisory Contracting Officer
Tel (919) 541-0426
Melissa M. Gentry
Supervisory Procurement Analyst
Tel (919) 541-7894
Fax (301) 480-2720
Resources and Information
Federal Business Opportunities (the point of entry for federal procurements over $25,000. The site lists the following:
- Requests for Proposals (RFP)
- Requests for Quotes (RFQ)
- Sources Sought
- Pre-Solicitation Notices
- Public Disclosure of Justification and Approval Documents for Noncompetitive Contracts
- Special Notices
- Combined Synopsis
- Award Announcements
On FedBizOpps, electronic RFPs and RFQs are set up to provide all the information necessary for a potential offeror to fully understand the requirements and the necessary steps to developing an offer. It is essential that prospective offerors obtain a complete copy of the RFP/RFQ in order to submit a proposal/quote to compete for a contract award.
Small Business Information
The NIEHS actively seeks to partner with small, disadvantaged, woman-owned, HUBZone, veteran-owned and service-disabled veteran-owned small businesses and encourages prime contractors to establish relationships with subcontractors within these recognized federal programs. The NIEHS Small Business Manager works to counsel and assist small businesses interested in working with NIEHS.
The Office of Small Disadvantaged Business Utilization of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services provides information on vendor outreach sessions, forecasts, prime and subcontracting goals, and a newsletter. HHS and NIH contacts see: http://www.hhs.gov/asfr/ogapa/osbdu/
The Small Business Administration provides helpful information on training, events, loans, certifications, CCR database registry, size standards, prime contractors, and federal agency points of contact.