These topics are areas of research on populations who may be particularly exposed or susceptible to the effects of environmental exposures.
- Agricultural Health
- Children's Health
- Emergency Response
- Global Environmental Health and Sustainable Development
- Occupational Health
- Women's Health
- National Institute on Aging (NIA) Health Information - Offers online articles; access to NIA print publications; and a directory of agencies, resource centers and volunteer programs.
- Senior Health - Details on 10 health topics of interest to seniors: Alzheimer’s, arthritis, balance problems, hearing loss, etc. Audio is available for those with sight difficulties.
- Seniors' Health Topics - A section of the MedlinePlus directory geared towards health issues related to aging. Especially covers topics such as assisted living devices, caregivers, nursing homes, etc.
- MedlinePlus: Men's Health Topics - Alphabetical list of health concerns to men including male breast cancer, infertility, prostate cancer, etc.
North Carolina Health
- North Carolina Drinking Water - Helpful information regarding the quality of drinking water in your area of North Carolina.
- North Carolina Health Atlas - Contains maps of North Carolina that depict county-level health and health-related information. The primary purpose of the atlas is to provide a way to interpret visually a broad range of data and information about the health of North Carolinians.