Stories from the Environmental Factor (NIEHS Newsletter)
- Arsenic, Fluorescent Mice, and PFAS Among Topics at Tox Conference (October 2020)
- PFAS Linked With Liver Injury in Children (October 2020)
- PFAS Research Shared at Federal Workshop Hosted by NIEHS (October 2020)
- Virtual Workshop Explores Newest PFAS Research (September 2020)
- PFAS Should Be Managed As a Single Class of Chemicals, Experts Say (August 2020)
- Mauge-Lewis Researches Replacement PFAS in Firefighting Foams (May 2020)
- High Levels of PFAS in Cape Fear River Striped Bass (May 2020)
- NTP-led Team Finds Adverse Effects of PFOA and GenX in Mice (April 2020)
- GenX Affects Function of Proteins That Protect the Brain (April 2020)
Resources from our Government Partners
- FDA Statement - Describes scientific work to understand PFAS found in food that Americans consume and findings from recent FDA surveys (June 11, 2019)
- Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS) – Information from the National Toxicology Program
- Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS) – Information from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS) and Your Health – More information from the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry
- Per- and Polyfluorinated Substances (PFAS) Factsheet – Information from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- PFAS — Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances – Information from the state-led Interstate Technology and Regulatory Council (ITRC)
- Environmental Health Perspectives Curated Collection on PFAS – Curated Collections gather previously published EHP content to help readers stay up to date on important topics and contemporary issues in environmental health. Articles are carefully selected by EHP's editors to include highly cited papers and other notable content, providing background and context behind new discoveries and emerging issues.
- PFAS and Children’s Health – A Partnerships for Public Health podcast on research by NIEHS-funded researcher, Joseph Braun, Ph.D. (May 2019)
- Tips for Well Owners – A resource for PFAS in well water created by the NIEHS-funded Sources, Transport, Exposure & Effects of PFASs (STEEP) program at the University of Rhode Island.
- Table Tips: Food for Thought – A resource to explain how PFAS enter the food web created by the NIEHS-funded NIEHS-funded Sources, Transport, Exposure & Effects of PFASs (STEEP) program at the University of Rhode Island.
- Tips for Infants – A resource explaining how to reduce your newborn's exposure to PFAS created by the NIEHS-funded NIEHS-funded Sources, Transport, Exposure & Effects of PFASs (STEEP) program at the University of Rhode Island.
- PFAS Contamination Map – A nationwide map of PFAS contamination created by the Environmental Working Group. (March 2019)
- Dr. Birnbaum’s Testimony – Dr. Birnbaum, NIEHS’s director, testified before the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Subcommittee on Federal Spending Oversight and Emergency Management on The Federal Role in the Toxic PFAS Chemical Crisis. (September 2018)
- Zurich Statement (August 2018) – NIEHS co-authored a commentary known as the Zurich Statement on PFAS calling for more collaboration among organizations researching, regulating, and using PFAS. It was developed at a November 2017 workshop in Zurich, Switzerland. (August 2018)