Biostatistics & Computational Biology Branch
Shyamal D. Peddada, Ph.D.
Acting Branch Chief, Biostatistics & Computational Biology Branch and Principal Investigator
Clarice R. Weinberg, Ph.D.
Deputy Branch Chief, Biostatistics & Computational Biology Branch and Principal Investigator
Tel (919) 541-4927
Fax (919) 541-4311
P.O. Box 12233
Mail Drop A3-03
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
Delivery | Postal
The Biostatistics and Computational Biology Branch carries out basic and applied research dealing with statistical issues of relevance to environmental health. The Branch's members develop new methodologies and apply existing techniques in novel ways to address environmental health problems. Members of the Branch also advise Institute scientists on computational, study design, database and statistical issues via both long-term and short-term collaboration in research projects throughout NIEHS. The Branch also offers training at regular intervals.
Research in the Biostatistics and Computational Biology Branch focuses on several areas:
- Design and analysis of laboratory animal toxicology/carcinogenicity experiments and development of improved statistical methods
- Application and development of methodology for epidemiological and clinical human studies
- Application and development of new bioinformatics techniques for harvesting information from high-dimensional genomic, gene expression and proteomic data
- Development of new design and analysis approaches in statistical genetics
- Development of broadly applicable statistical approaches
Scientific Support Staff
Rita D. Ross
Tel (919) 541-2411
Fax (301) 480-3575
Open positions and fellowships with the Biostatistics and Computational Biology Branch are also available online, as are application instructions.