The National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS) is creating the next generation of our Strategic Plan. As the end of the current plan approaches, we’re taking a fresh look at our goals. We are considering how current trends, ideas, practices, and needs in environmental health sciences might help us to shape the next phase of our Institute’s work, as we continue to provide leadership to the field.
Our new planning process begins with input from our stakeholder community. NIEHS has issued a Request for Information (RFI) in the NIH Guide. You can respond to this RFI using the button at the bottom of this page. We have used the goals of our current Strategic Plan as prompts to get you thinking. We will also be holding a workshop later in Spring 2023.
Your input is very important!
Please click the button below to provide your ideas and comments. You might include comments on current goals we should retain or discard, gaps in the original scope we should address, new trends or topics from the last five years, or anything else you might care to comment on, related to environmental health sciences.
- In the first section, there is an opportunity to provide general input about the state of environmental health. What are important topics/directions relevant to the NIEHS mission that should be part of our updated Strategic Plan?
- Then we invite your ideas and comments relevant to any of the current NIEHS Strategic Plan Goals. You may comment on any, none, or all of them – the choice is yours. We list them in the linked tool so you can read them before commenting.
- When responding to questions, you can navigate forward and backward using the Next and Prev buttons. Your responses will not be finally submitted until you hit “Submit” at the end of the survey. You may return to the page later to complete or add to your input.
- The deadline to provide input in response to this Request for Information is April 20, 2023.
- EHS Strategic Plan Committee