The NIEHS Scholars Connect Program (NSCP) provides biomedical research opportunities to undergraduate students focusing on science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). Students in NSCP have an opportunity for hands-on mentored research experiences, as well as professional and personal development. The Program is committed to encouraging students to pursue careers in scientific investigation, both basic and clinical.
Who Is Eligible?
To apply, applicants must:
- A strong interest in or currently pursuing studies in disciplines related to biomedical research
- Be a U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR)
- Be enrolled, full-time or part-time in a degree granting program as a junior or senior in an undergraduate STEM major at a 4-year college or university or must have completed an advanced number of credit hours in a STEM at a nearby community college
- Be in good academic standing- Have at least 3.0 cumulative GPA and preferably a 3.5+ GPA in STEM courses
- Live within commuting distance of Research Triangle Park, North Carolina area
Starting from $18.75/hour, see the Stipend Table for detail.
How to Apply
Please apply online at NSCP Application.
Other Training Opportunity
Go to “Branches & Laboratories” to find the NIEHS investigators and their research projects.
Submit CV or contact us: NIEHSrecruitment@niehs.nih.gov.