The mission of the NIEHS Ethics Office is to help ensure that NIEHS researchers, trainees, and staff understand their ethical responsibilities; comply with ethics rules, regulations, and policies; seek appropriate advice concerning ethical dilemmas and issues; and know how and where to report ethics violations.
The Ethics Office, located in Keystone, Suite 1079A, performs a variety of services and functions for the NIEHS community, including:
- Managing the filing and approval process for outside activities, scientific protocols, sponsored travel, awards, honorary degrees, and widely attended gatherings;
- Administering the filing and approval process for certifying public and confidential disclosure of financial interest statements;
- Providing guidance on conflict of interest issues for employees and the advisory committees that serve NIEHS and the National Toxicology Program (“NTP”);
- Responding to inquiries pertaining to conflict of interests, acceptable gifts, and post-employment restrictions;
- Conducting research and analysis on ethics issues related to environmental health research and policy;
- Serving as a liaison to the NIH Ethics Office and the HHS Office of General Counsel.
Robby Robinson II
Deputy Associate Director for Management/Deputy Executive Officer
111 Tw Alexander Dr
David P Rall Building
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709