The Office of the Report on Carcinogens — headed by Ruth M. Lunn, Dr.P.H — coordinates one of the NTP's hazard evaluation activities. The Office of the RoC's scientific staff, with assistance from the RoC support contract staff, prepares the Report on Carcinogens, a congressionally mandated report that identifies substances or exposure circumstances that may pose a hazard to human health by virtue of their carcinogenicity. Substances are listed in the report as either known or reasonably anticipated human carcinogens.
The Office of the RoC:
- conducts cancer hazard evaluations of substances of potential concern
- convenes scientific review meetings and workshops
- prepares the draft RoC for submission to the Secretary, HHS
- serves as a scientific resource for information on environmental exposures and cancer hazards
- Ruth M. Lunn, Dr.P.H.
Director, Report on Carcinogens
- Tel 984-287-3155
- P.O. Box 12233Mail Drop K2-14Durham, N.C. 27709