The Specialized Centers of Excellence on Environmental Health Disparities Research program is a collaborative effort supported by:
- National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities (NIMHD)
- National Institute of Child Health and Development (NICHD)
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency was a collaborator from 2015 to 2020.
- Promote basic and applied research to assess and mitigate environmentally driven health disparities
- Develop capacity to expand the ability of stakeholders to participate in research
- Develop methods to integrate the multiple factors that contribute to environmental health disparities
- Disseminate knowledge that is culturally appropriate and that will benefit affected communities