Worker Training Program
NIEHS Worker Training Program (WTP) awardees develop safety and health training for workers engaged in activities related to hazardous materials and waste generation, removal, containment, transportation, and emergency response
The organizations listed below have been funded to provide training under one or more of the following programs: the Hazardous Waste Worker Training Program, the NIEHS/DOE Nuclear Worker Training Program, the Environmental Career Worker Training Program, the HAZMAT Disaster Preparedness Training Program, and the Ebola Biosafety and Infectious Disease Response Training Program.
- Alabama Fire College
- Community College Consortium for Health and Safety Training
- CPWR-The Center for Construction Research and Training
- Duke University
- Emory University
- Indiana University Bloomington
- International Association of Fire Fighters
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters
- International Chemical Workers Union Council Center for Worker Health and Safety Education
- International Union of Operating Engineers National Training Fund
- International Union, United Auto Workers
- LIUNA Training and Education Fund
- Midwest Consortium for Hazardous Waste Worker Training
- New Jersey/New York Hazardous Materials Worker Training Center
- Nova Southeastern University
- OAI, Inc.
- Texas Southern University / Deep South Center for Environmental Justice
- Texas-Utah Consortium for Hazardous Waste Worker Education and Training
- The New England Consortium-Civil Service Employees Association
- The Steelworkers Charitable and Educational Organization
- University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Western Region Universities Consortium
Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Awardees
The WTP awards SBIR grants to further the development of e-learning products that support the health and safety training of hazardous materials workers, emergency responders, and skilled support personnel.
Descriptions of the current WTP SBIR grants can be found at our current SBIR awards webpage.