Worker Training Program
NIEHS Worker Training Program (WTP) awardees develop safety and health training for workers engaged in activities related to hazardous materials and waste generation, removal, containment, transportation, and emergency response
The organizations listed below have been funded to provide training under one or more of the following programs: the Hazardous Waste Worker Training Program, the NIEHS/DOE Nuclear Worker Training Program, the Environmental Career Worker Training Program, the HAZMAT Disaster Preparedness Training Program, and the Ebola Biosafety and Infectious Disease Response Training Program.
- Alabama Fire College
- Atlantic Center for Occupational Health and Safety
- CPWR-The Center for Construction Research and Training
- Historically Black Colleges and Universities Consortium
- International Association of Fire Fighters
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters
- International Chemical Workers Union Council Center for Worker Health and Safety Education
- International Union, United Auto Workers
- LIUNA Training and Education Fund
- Midwest Consortium for Hazardous Waste Worker Training
- Nova Southeastern University
- OAI, Inc.
- Partnership for Environmental Technology Education
- Prevention, Preparedness, and Response Consortium
- Sustainable Workplace Alliance
- The New England Consortium-Civil Service Employees Association
- The Steelworkers Charitable and Educational Organization
- Western Region Universities Consortium
Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Awardees
The WTP awards SBIR grants to further the development of e-learning products that support the health and safety training of hazardous materials workers, emergency responders, and skilled support personnel.
Descriptions of the current WTP SBIR grants can be found at our current SBIR awards webpage.