The mission of the Office of Technology Transfer (OTT) is to facilitate partnerships that lead to the discovery of innovative technologies that improve human health.
The vision of the Office of Technology Transfer is to grow a productive, collaborative, and efficient office of technology transfer to support development of emerging environmental health technologies.
- Advise, guide and train researchers and administrators on technology transfer issues such as inventions, patents, licensing, confidential information, and collaborative agreements
- Advise researchers on the commercialization potential of their inventions
- Identify prospective partners for technology advancement
- Market the inventions of NIEHS researchers to prospective partners in academia, and industry
- Negotiate technology transfer agreements (e.g., cooperative research and development agreements, research collaboration agreements, material and data transfer agreements, and confidentiality agreements)
- Provide patentability assessments for inventions made by NIEHS researchers and facilitate applications for intellectual property protection through patents
Sharon Soucek, Ph.D.
Director, Office of Technology Transfer
General inquiries contact OTT.