The National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS) leads or participates in key initiatives that address people’s needs and concerns related to the environment and their health. To accelerate research-based solutions to address emerging problems, NIEHS supports multi-disciplinary science within the institute, across the NIH, and with experts in other government agencies, universities, and international organizations.
- Climate Change and Human Health
- Coronavirus Updates from NIEHS
- Disaster Research Response Efforts (DR2)
- Environmental Health Language Collaborative (EHLC)
- Global Environmental Health
- NIH RADx Efforts at NIEHS
- PFAS Research
- President's Task Force on Environmental Health Risks and Safety Risks to Children
- Translational Research at NIEHS
- Women's Health Awareness
NIEHS Strategic Plan
The Director’s Corner
Each month, NIEHS and National Toxicology Program Director Rick Woychik, Ph.D., highlights cutting-edge research approaches, shares opportunities for scientific partnership, and provides updates on many of the initiatives mentioned on this page. Visit the Director’s Corner archive to read more.
Some initiatives on this page may include research funding opportunities, which you can learn about here.