As an institute, the NIEHS is uniquely positioned to investigate the interplay between environmental exposures, human biology, genetics, and common diseases that limit our longevity and quality of life. NIEHS research uses state-of-the-art science and technology to understand how environmental factors influence the development and progression of disease, so that we may prevent disease and improve human health.
NIEHS research focuses on diseases that have a strong environmental component and a high or increasing prevalence in the U.S. population. Using integrated teams of scientists from varied and relevant disciplines, we can address complex hypotheses by more effectively identifying environmental health hazards and coupling this information with new tools to better understand the causes of disease. This knowledge is then translated into public health initiatives and policies that can affect immediate and profound impacts on people's health.
- Intramural Research Division("/Rhythmyx/assembler/render?sys_contentid=54097&sys_revision=4&sys_variantid=1169&sys_context=0&sys_authtype=0&sys_siteid=&sys_folderid=" sys_dependentvariantid="1169" sys_dependentid="54097" inlinetype="rxhyperlink" rxinlineslot="103" sys_dependentid="54097" sys_siteid="" sys_folderid="")
- Technology Transfer (http://www.niehs.nih.govhttp://edit:9992/Rhythmyx/assembler/render?sys_authtype=0&sys_variantid=567&sys_revision=4&sys_contentid=64618&sys_context=0)
- Join a Health Study or Clinical Trial
- National Toxicology Program Division("/Rhythmyx/assembler/render?sys_contentid=54353&sys_revision=2&sys_variantid=1169&sys_context=0&sys_authtype=0&sys_siteid=&sys_folderid=" sys_dependentvariantid="1169" sys_dependentid="54353" inlinetype="rxhyperlink" rxinlineslot="103" sys_dependentid="54353" sys_siteid="" sys_folderid="")
- National Toxicology Program - Data, Meetings and Reports
- Grant Research Funded by NIEHS
- Resources for Scientists
- All Scientists - Find researchers by name
- All Research Groups - Find scientists by area of research
- What We Study - Search for NIEHS researchers by specialization, disease, discipline, population, and more