The purpose of Career Development Awards is to provide support and protected time for an intense, career development experience in the environmental health sciences.
Applications must contain both a research proposal and a structured career development plan. The various career development awards supported by NIEHS are highly targeted to specific identified needs for highly trained scientists in the environmental health sciences. Some of the awards are mentored, while others are for scientists who have independent research support. Since the career development awards are primarily for salary support, funding for the research proposal must be largely derived from the funding of the mentor or the independent research funding of the candidate.
- Career Development Grant Awards (530KB)
- Transition to Independent Environmental Health Research Career Award (K01)
- Independent Scientist Award (Parent K02)
- Mentored Clinical Scientist Research Career Development Award (Parent K08)
- Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development Award (Parent K23)
- Mid-Career Development Award in Patient-Oriented Research (K24)
- Mentored Quantitative Research Development Award (Parent K25)
- NIH Pathway to Independence Award (K99/R00)
- NIH Early Stage Investigator Policies