The Graduate Partnerships Program (GPP) provides graduate students the opportunity to conduct all or part of their dissertation research in the resource-rich NIH environment. Students come to NIEHS through individual agreements negotiated between their university mentor and an investigator at NIH.
Who Is Eligible?
To apply, applicants must:
- Be enrolled or eligible to enroll in a graduate degree program (Ph.D., M.D., or equivalent graduate degree).
- Obtain permission from your department to perform dissertation research at NIEHS.
Starting from $46,100/year, see the Stipend Table for detail.
How to Apply
- Apply online at GPP Application Center.
- Carefully review the information on the two pathways of enrolling in GPP:
- Institutional Partnerships – the pathway for students wishing to enroll in a PhD program.
- Individual Partnership – the pathway for students already enrolled in a PhD program.
Other Training Opportunity
No individual open positions are advertised. Prospective trainees should apply the program through GPP Application Center.
Go to “Branches & Laboratories” to find the NIEHS investigators and their research projects.
Submit CV or contact us: NIEHSrecruitment@niehs.nih.gov.