April 19, 2022 • 10:00 a.m. - 3:45 p.m. EDT
April 20, 2022 • 10:00 a.m. - 3:15 p.m. EDT
- Presentation Abstracts (319KB)
- Workshop Report (351KB)
Advancement in our understanding of the potential health effects of chemical exposures will require toxicologists to consider an array of new technological and biological tools. As such, the NIEHS Faculty for Advancing Neuroscience (FAN) Cross-divisional Group hosted a virtual workshop, “Modernizing Neurotoxicology at NIEHS: Technologies to Applications in Environmental Health Sciences” on April 19-20, 2022.
Meeting participants are encouraged to use “#NIEHS_Neurotox” for social media posts (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc.).
The goals of this workshop were to bring together a diverse group of scientists to:
- Review latest research applications of several cutting-edge tools in neurotoxicology and lessons learned.
- Identify the most pressing research questions in environmental health that would benefit from use of these new methods.
- Develop a strategy to encourage adoption of these new technologies.
Workshop topics included:
- Advances in Neuroimaging
- In Vitro Approaches in Developmental Neurotoxicology Research
- Chemogenetic, Optogenetic and Fiber Photometry for Advancing Neurotoxicology
- Emerging Spatial Technologies
For questions about meeting content please contact Jonathan Hollander, 984-287-3269.