Superfund Research Program
The NIEHS proposes the continuation of the Superfund Hazardous Substance Research and Training Program (P42) Request for Applications (RFA) to address the broad, complex health and environmental issues that arise from hazardous waste sites. SRP Center grants support problem-based, solution-oriented research Centers that consist of multiple, integrated projects representing both the biomedical and environmental science disciplines. The Center cores are also tasked with administrative (which includes research translation), data management and analysis, community engagement, training, and research support functions.
The most recent RFA was released September 2, 2020, and the application deadline will be February 15, 2021. For materials related to RFA-ES-20-014, please see the following links:
- RFA-ES-20-014: Superfund Hazardous Substance Research and Training Program (P42 Clinical Trial Optional)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) (265KB):Please check back regularly as questions will be posted when available.
- Suggested Research and Activities (436KB)
- Tips for Applicants
- Additional Resources
- Program Contacts
- October 1, 2020, 1:30-3:00 p.m. EDT, the SRP hosted a webinar, which provided more information about the RFA-ES-20-014.
- NOT-ES-20-021: The NIEHS released a Notice of Intent To Publish on July 14, 2020 with details about the anticipated release of the next P42 Request for Applications (August 2020) as well as the due date for applications (February 15, 2021). Please direct any questions to SRP staff listed on the Notice.