Global Toxicologic Pathology Training Program
The Global Toxicologic Pathology Training Program of the NIEHS Division of the National Toxicology Program (DNTP) provides here a list of resources to enhance career development, training, and the practice of toxicologic pathology worldwide.
Career Development Resources in Laboratory Animal Medicine, Toxicologic Pathology, and Toxicology
- The American College of Laboratory Animal Medicine has resources for career outreach as well as mentoring and career development.
- Looking Forward: Cutting-edge Technologies and Skills for Pathologists in the Future: The Society of Toxicologic Pathology Career Development and Outreach Committee summary of a career development workshop on digital pathology, artificial intelligence, clustered regularly interspaced short palindromic repeats technology, microRNAs, and next-generation sequencing. (Last reviewed March 2022)
- Practical Strategies for Navigating Toxicologic Pathology in One’s Early Career: The Society of Toxicologic Pathology Career Development and Outreach Committee summary of a career development workshop discussing evolving roles of the toxicologic pathologist and tools for career development. (Last reviewed March 2022)
- Society of Toxicology Education-Career Development Sessions: These talks cover a variety of topics targeted towards early career toxicologists.
DNTP Study Sets
These study sets use a combination of presentations and links to digital images to guide the user in training in specific topics of toxicologic pathology.
- Neuropathology Study Set (14MB): This study set features a downloadable pdf and links to publicly available whole slide images. This study set uses DNTP archival study material of test articles known to have neurological clinical signs and neuropathological lesions.
- Cardiovascular Study Set (This study set is currently in development)
Pathology Training Resources
Useful for veterinary anatomic pathology trainees and others interested in gross pathology, histopathology, and comparative pathology.
- Davis-Thompson Foundation for the Advancement of Veterinary and Comparative Pathology: The Davis-Thompson Foundation provides a variety of resources for education and training in veterinary and comparative pathology.
- Noah’s Arkive: An open repository of veterinary gross pathology images for individual study.
- U.S. Department of Defense Veterinary Pathology Residency Program: This program provides virtual slides and study materials in Wednesday Slide Conference and Veterinary Systemic Pathology training tools, which are helpful for specialty board certification preparedness.
Related Links for Toxicologic Pathology Training Resources
- International Academy of Toxicologic Pathology Educational Resources: A collection of lectures from their courses, satellite symposia, and workshops.
- International Academy of Toxicologic Pathology Webinars: A collection of publicly accessible webinars focused on toxicologic pathology.
- International Recommendations for Training Future Toxicologic Pathologists Participating in Regulatory-type, Nonclinical Toxicity Studies: A proposal for a common global framework for training future toxicologic pathologists who will engage in nonclinical toxicology studies.
- Society of Toxicologic Pathology Best Practices and Points to Consider Papers: A collection of best practice guidance for study design, data interpretation, study reports, peer review, and specific organ systems (reproductive, nervous, immune, etc.).