The NIEHS Division of the National Toxicology Program (DNTP) promotes the development and application of novel scientific tools and approaches that help researchers, regulators, and the public better understand how environmental agents can affect human health. In addition, the organization aims to support the next generation of innovative leaders in the field of toxicology by offering education and training opportunities to scientists.
Through its Global Toxicologic Pathology Training Program, DNTP disseminates knowledge and techniques that enhance the understanding and practice of toxicologic pathology worldwide. To facilitate information-sharing across the international community, pathologists and laboratory animal scientists in DNTP’s Comparative and Molecular Pathogenesis Branch develop educational and training materials and participate in or lead initiatives related to toxicologic pathology, clinical pathology, and laboratory animal medicine.
The Global Toxicologic Pathology Training Program provides the following resources:
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion in the global training program
- DNTP satellite symposium publications
- DNTP training in toxicologic pathology
- Career development resources
- DNTP study sets
- Pathology training resources
- Related links for toxicologic pathology training resources
- Embryo atlases
- Nonneoplastic lesion atlas and nomenclature resources
- Techniques in toxicologic pathology
- Toxicology and pathology publications
- Toxicology, pathology, and laboratory animal medicine societies and organizations