- Climate Change, Cash Transfers and Health
A new publication featured in the Bulletin of the World Health Organization explores the potential for cash transfers to be used as proactive measures to improve health in the context of climate change. Authors explore cash transfer models used previously and explain how health and climate mitigation can be encouraged.
- The State of the Global Clean and Improved Cooking Sector
A new report from the Work Bank Group, Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves and the Energy Sector Management Assistance Program explores current cooking solutions and technologies. The report aims to establish a common fact base for sector analysis; build a case for increased sector focus and investment; and inform intervention strategies.
- Health and the Environment: Addressing the Health Impact of Air Pollution (World Health Assembly Resolution)
At the recent World Health Assembly, WHO Member States adopted a resolution on the health impacts of air pollution. This resolution calls for increased efforts to prevent and address air pollution, including indoor air pollution. It also urges additional multi-sector cooperation, the development of monitoring systems and emphasizes the importance of clean cooking.
- Sustainable Management of Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment in Latin America
A new report from the United Nations and affiliate organizations provides guidance on the handling of electronic waste specific to Latin America. The original report is in Spanish.
Presentation in English
- Introduction to Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals (EDC’s): A Guide for Public Interest Organizations and Policy Makers
A new guide from the Endocrine Society and IPEN highlights the current understanding of endocrine disruptors, methods for assessment and important points for policy makers.