Engagement and Education
NIEHS recognizes that education and engagement are vital in communicating the health impacts of a changing climate and informing the research agenda. It participates in related activities with interested stakeholders on the issue of climate change and human health.
We engage with various stakeholder audiences on the issue of climate change and health in a number of settings including informally, at scientific meetings and conferences, in listening sessions, through roundtables, by presentations, and by participation in climate change and public health related Communities of Practice.
Examples of some of these are listed below:
- American Meteorological Society Board on Health
- American Public Health Association Climate Change Topic
- Association of State and Territorial Health Officials
- CAMEL – Climate, Adaptation, Mitigation, E-Learning
- Federal Agency Climate Change Adaptation COP
- NIEHS Public Interest Partners
- National Association of County and City Health Officials
- National Climate Assessment
- Partnerships for Environmental Public Health (PEPH)
- U.S. GEO Health COP
- US Global Change Research Program
The USGCRP Communications, Education, and Engagement team leads the efforts of the USGCRP in these areas, including those related to the National Climate Assessment, Strategic Planning, and the development of interagency tools and tactics. We represent HHS in participating on this team.