Established October 2020, the NIEHS Environmental Health Disparities and Environmental Justice (EHD-EJ) Faculty focuses on advancing the institute’s priorities in environmental racism, EHD, and EJ.
To advance our understanding of EHD-EJ and promote environmental health equity.
Develop proposals for implementation across NIEHS and beyond. Potential topics include, but are not limited to the following:
- Fostering the integration of multiple disciplines to study environmental racism, EHDs, and EJ.
- Understanding the role of social determinants of health (e.g., discrimination, stigma, access to a clean environment, heathy food, wealth, and health care) and how they relate to environmental exposures in communities and susceptibilities to common chronic diseases.
- Promoting translational opportunities for EHD-EJ prevention/intervention.
- Raising the profile of EHD, EJ, and all health disparities research across NIEHS and NIH.
NIEHS Strategic Plan 2018-2023
NIEHS Strategic Plan 2018-2023 addresses EHD and EJ as a specific goal. All three themes of the plan will be supported by the actions of the EHD-EJ Faculty.
- Goal 1 — Basic Biological Research
- Goal 2 — Outreach, Communications, and Engagement
- Goal 3 — Evidence-Based Prevention and Intervention
- Goal 4 — Environmental Health Disparities and Environmental Justice
- Goal 6 — Partnerships for Action
- Goal 3 — Promotion of Collaborative Science
- Free Virtual Workshop
Environmental Impacts on Women’s Health Disparities and Reproductive Health
Wednesday, April 27 and Thursday, April 28, 2022