This study is no longer accepting participants.
To find studies that are currently recruiting, please visit the Join an NIEHS Study website
For More Information
Asthma patients seem to be more prone to viral infections, and NIEHS scientists believe that the cells that line these patients' airways, cause this result by overproducing TGF-beta1, a protein that promotes viral growth. This study seeks participants with and without asthma to contribute airway cell samples.
- Non-asthmatic & mild asthmatic
- Participants 18-60 years of age
- Candidates will be screened for eligibility over the phone and scheduled for a screening visit to confirm eligibility for the study
- Participants must be able to understand and provide written informed consent
- Participants must be able to travel to the CRU and the EPA
Stavros Garantziotis, M.D.
Medical Director, NIEHS Clinical Research Unit
firstname.lastname@example.orgCurriculum Vitae (80KB)
P.O. Box 12233Mail Drop CU-01Durham, N.C. 27709