Asthma patients seem to be more prone to viral infections, and NIEHS scientists believe that the cells that line these patients' airways, cause this result by overproducing TGF-beta1, a protein that promotes viral growth. This study seeks participants with and without asthma to contribute airway cell samples.
- Non-asthmatic & mild asthmatic
- Participants 18-60 years of age
- Candidates will be screened for eligibility over the phone and scheduled for a screening visit to confirm eligibility for the study
- Participants must be able to understand and provide written informed consent
- Participants must be able to travel to the CRU and the EPA