Bradley J. Collins, M.S.P.H.
Program Operations Branch
Bradley J. Collins, M.S.P.H.
Bradley Collins is a chemist and serves as a project officer in the Program Operations Branch for the National Toxicology Program (NTP). He manages contracted chemistry efforts in support of NTP toxicology studies and has served on study design teams and interagency working groups to provide technical assistance in the areas of chemistry and toxicokinetics. Collins also provides NTP with expertise in the design, direction and interpretation of toxicokinetic studies for AIDS therapeutics and other test articles and provides cheminformatics support to the NTP high throughput toxicology-screening program.
As a chemist, Collins is involved in the design, conduct, interpretation and reporting of NTP research and testing activities that investigate the toxicology of a variety of chemicals including high production volume chemicals, dietary supplements and nanoparticles. Over the past 20 years, Collins has served as the Project Officer for NTP chemistry support activities, which include chemical procurement, characterization and toxicokinetics. As part of those activities, Collins worked with the chemistry support contractor to develop the dose analysis method validation protocol currently used by the NTP.
Collins received his B.S. in Science and Environmental Change from the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay in 1979 and his M.S.P.H. in Environmental Chemistry from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1984. In addition to his scientific duties, he has also served as Chair of the NIEHS Diversity Council, served on the NIEHS Quality Council and the on the Environmental Awareness Advisory Committee.
- Surh I, Brix A, French JE, Collins BJ, Sanders M, Vallant M, Dunnick JK. Toxicology and Carcinogenesis Study of Senna in C3B6.129F1-Trp53 tm1Brd N12 Haploinsufficient Mice. Toxicologic pathology 2013 41(5):770-778. [Abstract (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23125117?dopt=Abstract) ]
- Collins BJ, Stout MD, Levine KE, Kissling GE, Melnick RL, Fennell TR, Abdo K, Pritchard JB, Walden R, Fernando RA, Burka LT, Hooth MJ. Hexavalent chromium in drinking water (reply to comment). Toxicological Sciences 119(2):425-, (2011). [Abstract (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21081757) ]
- Collins BJ, Stout MD, Levine KE, Kissling GE, Melnick RL, Fennell TR, Walden R, Abdo K, Pritchard JB, Fernando RA, Burka LT, Hooth MJ. Exposure to hexavalent chromium resulted in significantly higher tissue chromium burden compared to trivalent chromium following similar oral doses to male F344/N rats and female B6C3F1 mice. Toxicol Sci 118(2):368-379, (2010) [Abstract (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20843897) ]
- Levine, KE, Ross, GT, Essader, AS, Perlmutter, JM, Grohse, PM, Fernando, RA, Lang, M, Collins, BJ. Validation of a method for the determination of chromium in rat feces by inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectrometry. Analytical letters 42(17):2729-2746, (2009). [Abstract (http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00032710902721931) ]
- Lodge, JW, Fletcher, BL, Brown, SS, Parham, AJ, Fernando, RA, Collins, BJ. Determination of lovastatin hydroxy acid in female B6C3F1 mouse serum. Journal of analytical toxicology. 32(3):248-252, (2008). [Abstract (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18397577?ordinalpos=3&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum) ]
- Weber, HA, Hodges, AE, Guthrie, JR, O’Brien, BM, Robaugh, D, Clark, AP, Harris, RK, Algaier, JW, Smith, CS. Comparison of Proanthocyanidins in Commercial Antioxidants: Grape Seed and Pine Bark Extracts. J. Agric. Food Chem. 55(1) 148, (2007). [Abstract (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17199326?ordinalpos=1&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum) ]
- Collins BJ, Dix KJ, Grizzle TB, Dunnick JK. Toxicokinetics of phenolphthalein (PTH) in male and female rats and mice. Toxicol Sci 56(2):271-281, (2000). [Abstract (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10910984) ]
- Chapin RE, Harris MW, Davis BJ, Ward SM, Wilson RE, Mauney MA, Lockhart AC, Smialowicz RJ, Moser VC, Burka LT, Collins BJ, Haskins EA, Allen JD, Judd L, Purdie WA, Harris HL, Lee CA, Corniffe GM. The effects of perinatal/juvenile methoxychlor exposure on adult rat nervous immune and reproductive system function. Fundam Appl Toxicol 40(1):138-157, (1997). [Abstract (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9398496) ]
- Rey C, Collins B, Goehl T, Dickson IR, Glimcher MJ. The carbonate environment in bone mineral. A resolution-enhanced Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy study. Calcif Tissue Int 45(3):157-164, (1989). [Abstract (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2505907) ]