Much of the work carried out by DTT is in support of the National Toxicology Program (NTP), an interagency partnership of the Food and Drug Administration, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, and NIEHS.
The Office of the Report on Carcinogens — headed by Ruth M. Lunn, Dr.P.H — coordinates one of the NTP's hazard evaluation activities. The Office of the RoC's scientific staff, with assistance from the RoC support contract staff, prepares the Report on Carcinogens, a congressionally mandated report that identifies substances or exposure circumstances that may pose a hazard to human health by virtue of their carcinogenicity. Substances are listed in the report as either known or reasonably anticipated human carcinogens.
The Office of the RoC:
- conducts cancer hazard evaluations of substances of potential concern
- convenes scientific review meetings and workshops
- prepares the draft RoC for submission to the Secretary, HHS
- serves as a scientific resource for information on environmental exposures and cancer hazards
- Ruth M. Lunn, Dr.P.H.
Director, Report on Carcinogens
- Tel 984-287-3155
- P.O. Box 12233Mail Drop K2-14Durham, N.C. 27709