Frederick Parham, Ph.D.
- Fred Parham, Ph.D.
- Tel 984-287-3169
- P.O. Box 12233Mail Drop K2-17Durham, N.C. 27709
Fred Parham, Ph.D., is a mathematical statistician in the Toxicoinformatics Group within the Biomolecular Screening Branch of the National Toxicology Program (NTP) Division. He came to the Branch in the summer of 2010 after spending several years working in the Environmental Systems Biology group of the NIEHS Division of Intramural Research. He is currently working on various projects involving the analysis and interpretation of high throughput screening data. He received his B. S. in mathematics from Duke University in 1984 and his Ph. D. from Princeton University in 1989.
- Freeman GB, Dill JA, Johnson, JD, Kurtz PJ, Parham FM, Mathews HB. Comparative absorption of lead from contaminated soil and lead salts by weanling fischer 344 rats. , Fundam Appl Toxicol 1996; 33:109-119.
- Parham FM, Kohn MC, Matthews HB, DeRosa C, Portier CJ. Using structural information to create physiologically based pharmacokinetic models for all polychlorinated biphenyls : I: Tissue:blood partition coefficients. TAP 1997; 144:340-347.
- Parham FM, Portier CJ. Using structural information to create physiologically based pharmacokinetic models for all polychlorinated biphenyls : II: Rates of Metabolism. TAP 1998; 151:110-116.
- Parham, FM, Portier CJ. A dioxin dose-response calculation from published epidemiological data. Organohalogen Compounds 1999; 44:405-406.
- Walker N, Portier CJ, Edler L, Jung D, Needham L, Masten S, Parham F, Lucier G. Half-lives and body burdens for dioxin and dioxin-like compounds in humans estimated from an occupational cohort in Germany. Organohalogen Compounds 1999; 42:129-138.
- Kohn MC, Parham F, Masten SA, Portier CJ, Shelby MD, Brock JW, Needham LL. Human exposure estimates for phthalates. Environ Health Perspect 2000; 108: A440-A442.
- Parham FM, Matthews HB, Portier CJ. A physiologically based pharmacokinetic model of p,p '-dichlorodiphenylsulfone. TAP 2002; 181:153-163.
- Koo JW, Parham F, Kohn MC, Masten SA, Brock JW, Needham LL, Portier CJ. The association between biomarker-based exposure estimates for phthalates and demographic factors in a human reference population. Environ Health Perspect 2002; 110: 405-410.
- DeVito MJ, Kim A, Walker NJ, Parham F, Portier C. Dose-response modeling for 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin. In Dioxins and Health, Second Edition, Schecter, A and Gasiewicz, TA, eds., John Wiley and Sons, Hoboken, New Jersey, 2003.
- Toyoshiba H, Yamanaka T, Sone H, Parham FM, Walker NJ, Martinez J, Portier CJ. Gene interaction network suggests dioxin induces a significant linkage between Ah-receptor and retinoic acid receptor beta. Environ Health Perspect 2004; 112 : 1217-1224.
- Yamanaka T, Toyoshiba H, Sone H, Parham FM, Portier CJ. The TAO-Gen algorithm for identifying gene interaction networks with application to SOS repair in E. coli. Environ Health Perspect 2004; 112: 1614-1621.
- Parham F, Portier C. Benchmark dose approach. In Quantitative Methods in Cancer and Human Health Risk Assessment, Edler, L and Kitsos, C, eds., John Wiley and Sons, 2005.
- Toyoshiba H, Sone H, Yamanaka T, Parham FM, Irwin RD, Boorman GA, Portier CJ. Gene interaction network analysis suggests differences between high and low doses of acetaminophen. TAP 2006; 215: 306-316.
- Portier CJ, Toyoshiba H, Sone H, Parham F, Irwin RD, Boorman GA. Comparative analysis of gene networks at multiple doses and time points in livers of rats exposed to acetaminophen. ALTEX 2006; 23: Suppl. 380-384.
- Gohlke JM, Armant O, Parham FM, Smith MV, Zimmer C, Castro DS, Nguyen L, Parker JS, Gradwohl G, Portier CJ, Guillemot F. Characterization of the proneural gene regulatory network during mouse telencephalon development. BMC Biology 2008; 6:#15.
- Thomas R, Gohlke JM, Stopper GF, Parham FM, Portier CJ. Choosing the right path: enhancement of biologically relevant sets of genes or proteins using pathway structure. Genome Biology 2009; 10: R44.
- Parham F, Austin C, Southall N, Huang R, Tice R, Portier C. Dose-response modeling of high-throughput screening data. Journal of Biomolecular Screening 2009; 14:1216-1227. [Abstract]
- Parham F, Wise A, Axelrad DA, Guyton KZ, Portier C, Zeise L, Zoeller RT, Woodruff TJ. Adverse effects in risk assessment: Modeling polychlorinated biphenyls and thyroid hormone disruption outcomes in animals and humans. Environmental Research 2012; 116:74-84. [Abstract]
- Wise A, Parham F, Axelrad DA, Guyton KZ, Portier C, Zeise L, Zoeller RT, Woodruff TJ. Upstream adverse effects in risk assessment: A model of polychlorinated biphenyls, thyroid hormone disruption and neurological outcomes in humans. Environmental Research 2012; 117:90-99. [Abstract]