Alison A. Motsinger-Reif, Ph.D.
Chief, Biostatistics & Computational Biology Branch and Principal Investigator
111 Tw Alexander Dr
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
Leping Li, Ph.D.
Deputy Chief, Biostatistics & Computational Biology Branch and Principal Investigator
P.O. Box 12233Mail Drop A3-03Durham, N.C. 27709
The Biostatistics and Computational Biology Branch carries out basic and applied research dealing with statistical issues of relevance to environmental health. The branch's members develop new methodologies and apply existing techniques in novel ways to address environmental health problems. Members of the branch also advise institute scientists on computational, study design, database and statistical issues via both long-term and short-term collaboration in research projects throughout NIEHS. The branch also offers training at regular intervals.
Research in the Biostatistics and Computational Biology Branch focuses on several areas:
- Design and analysis of laboratory animal toxicology/carcinogenicity experiments and development of improved statistical methods
- Application and development of methodology for epidemiological and clinical human studies
- Application and development of new bioinformatics techniques for harvesting information from high-dimensional genomic, gene expression and proteomic data
- Development of new design and analysis approaches in statistical genetics
- Development of broadly applicable statistical approaches
Biostatistics & Computational Biology Branch Software
Scientific Support Staff
Rita D. Ross