Office of Data Science
We provide guidance and strategies in the acquisition, development, and deployment of scientific data and knowledge management solutions at NIEHS through the library, informationist, and data science programs.
The mission of the Office of Data Science is to accelerate scientific discovery, foster collaborative research, and ultimately improve public health through the application of scientific data and knowledge management in the environmental health sciences.
Stephanie D. Holmgren, M.S.L.S., MBA
Acting Director, Office of Data Science
P.O. Box 12233Mail Drop K2-15Durham, N.C. 27709
Data Science and Data Management Program
- Develop and implement data science training opportunities
- Enhance researcher’s ability to find, access, interoperate, and reuse data
- Develop and support policies and standards for data integration and harmonization
- Facilitate transformation of data and information into user-friendly knowledge-based platforms
- Represent NIEHS in trans-NIH and interagency data science and knowledge management activities
Charles S. Schmitt, Ph.D.
Contractor – Senior Adviser
P.O. Box 12233Mail Drop K2-02Durham, N.C. 27709
- Maria Shatz, Ph.D.
Contractor – Scientific Program Manager
- Tel 919-541-5093
- P.O. Box 12233Mail Drop K2-15Durham, N.C. 27709
- Provide customized, information/knowledge management solutions within research/program groups, including extensive literature searching, resource development/evaluation, and project consultation