Environmental Factor, November 2005, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
Up and Coming
- Frederick W. Alt, co-chief of the Division of Molecular Medicine at Children's Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts, will deliver the Falk lecture Nov. 9 at 2 p.m. in the Rodbell auditorium
- The new First Environments Early Learning Center will open on the NIEHS/EPA campus Nov. 14. There are openings for all age groups. Federal employees have priority for placement. Trainees and contractors are also eligible. For admission information, call Wendy Boggus at 541-4782. Center information is located at http://www.firstenvironments.org/. The most recent e-Factor story about the center is located at https://www.niehs.nih.gov/news/newsletter/2005/august/
- The first annual NIEHS-EPA Challenge Biathlon is set for 9:30-11:30 a.m. Nov. 15. The event, open to all EPA and NIEHS employees and contractors, will benefit CFC. Deadline to enter is Nov. 9. Go to the fitness room or contact either of the following people for forms, information and entry submission:
- Nottingham Hall Rob Levine Ext. 7559 NH-223
- East Campus Ethel Jackson Ext. 7846 EC-3160
- South Campus Craig Everett Ext 7804 102/S115
- Main Campus Jack Field Ext. 2391 A239
- Steven Davis, a UNC professor, will speak on the topic "Archaeology in the Old Catawba Nation" Nov. 18 at 2 p.m. in the Rall Building auditorium. A reception after the talk will feature Native American foods and music in the cafeteria.
- Lloyd Arneach, a Cherokee story teller, will present stories at NIEHS and at First Environments Center Nov. 22 from 10-11 a.m. An all hands e-mail will be sent out to confirm the logistics
- The annual NIEHS Director's award ceremony will be held Dec. 15 at 2 p.m. in the Rodbell auditorium.
- The celebration will begin immediately following the Director's Award ceremony Dec. 15. Events in the cafeteria will include table and poster displays from countries around the world, performances by the NIEHS band, international foods and other entertainment. Look for more announcements in the e-Factor.