November 23, 2020
On September 22, 2020, the Division of Extramural Research and Training, Population Health Branch at the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences issued the Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) RFA-ES-20-007, “Pediatric and Reproductive Environmental Health Scholars Program (K12, Independent Clinical Trial Not Allowed).”
The goal of the Pediatric and Reproductive Environmental Health Scholars (PREHS) program is to create a strong network of healthcare professionals who possess the skills and knowledge to address the complexities of pediatric and reproductive environmental health. The PREHS program will introduce pediatric healthcare providers, obstetricians/gynecologists, and other interested healthcare professionals to issues in environmental health. The program will provide research experiences that bridges clinical practice in environmental health, community-level engagement, and teaching.
Since the PREHS program is new, NIEHS hosted a pre-application webinar to address questions the extramural research community may have about the FOA. The webinar objectives were to:
- Describe the programmatic and application review process for the FOA.
- Respond to questions from potential applicants.
- Develop a Frequently Asked Questions document based on questions received.
- Frequently Asked Questions (153KB)
- Webinar Presentation: Pre-application Webinar for the Pediatric and Reproductive Environmental Health Scholars Program (3MB)
Mike Humble, Ph.D.
Health Scientist Administrator, Basic Science
For questions that can't be answered by the content of this website, please contact Liam O'Fallon at 984-287-3262.