The NIH-EPA Environmental Health Disparities Research Centers of Excellence Program is hosting this webinar series to highlight the research, training, and community-engagement accomplishments at the Centers collaboratively funded by the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS), National Institute of Minority Health and Health Disparities (NIMHD), and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Furthermore, the webinar series is intended to raise awareness of, and prompt dialogue on, opportunities to examine and address environmental contributions to health disparities. The webinars are open to anyone interested in learning more about environmental health disparities and strategies to reduce them.
Take a few minutes to read this webpage that outlines the webinar topics, identifies speakers and provides session abstracts.
Please share this webinar series webpage with your colleagues and community partners.
Register today for one, or all, of the webinars!
All webinar sessions will be held live via Zoom on the following Mondays from 3:00 – 4:30 p.m. EST
- February 22, 2021 – Use of Big Data to Characterize Social and Environmental Determinants of Health Disparities
- March 22, 2021 – Fostering Community Engaged Research in Environmental Health Disparities
- April, 26, 2021 – Intersections Between the Chemical, Physical, Built and Social Environments
- May 24, 2021 – Exploring Critical Windows of Exposure to Heavy Metals in Health Disparity Cohorts
- June 28, 2021 – Exposure Pathways & Environmental Health Disparities
- September 27, 2021 – Exploring Metals Exposure to Advance Native American Health Equity
Topics are TBD
- November 22, 2021
American Disabilities Act Accommodations Requests
Individuals with disabilities who need accommodations to participate in this meeting should contact Liam O'Fallon. Requests should be made at least 5 business days in advance of the event. TTY users dial 711, which will send callers to the free, state-provided TTY service.