The Office of Data Science provides guidance and strategies in the acquisition, development, and deployment of scientific data and knowledge management solutions at NIEHS.
The goals of the Office of Data Science are to accelerate scientific discovery, foster collaborative research, and ultimately improve public health through the application of scientific data and knowledge management in the environmental health sciences.
The Office achieves these goals through a data science and data management program that:
- Develops and implement data science training opportunities.
- Develops and support policies and standards for data integration and harmonization.
- Enhances researchers’ ability to find, access, interoperate, and reuse data.
- Facilitates transformation of data and information into user-friendly, knowledge-based platforms.
- Represents NIEHS in trans-National Institutes of Health and interagency data science and knowledge management activities.
Staff publications can be viewed on the webpage.
Charles P. Schmitt, Ph.D.
Director, Office of Data Science;
Special Advisor to the Scientific Director, Division of Translational Toxicology
P.O. Box 12233Mail Drop K2-02Durham, N.C. 27709