Research To Risk Assessment
The NIEHS Superfund Research Program has initiated a cooperative project with EPA's Office of Solid Waste and Emergency Response (OSWER), Office of Research and Development (ORD), regional risk assessors, and the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR) to establish an ongoing communication network to promote the use of cutting-edge science to further assist and advance the assessment of environmental risks at hazardous waste sites in a cost-effective manner.
The project, "Research to Risk Assessment" (R2RA), is designed to meet EPA's, ATSDR's, and SRP's mutual needs through demonstrating the application and benefits of improved methods of assessing risks. We are bringing together scientists knowledgeable in critical research areas such as "omics" and cumulative risk with risk assessment scientists and practitioners who develop/evaluate site-specific risk assessments to create an opportunity for experts to work collaboratively on how best to apply new science in the short term for site risk assessments.
If you are interested in learning more about this initiative or would like to participate, please contact Beth Anderson ( email@example.com ; 919-541-4481) or Danielle Carlin ( firstname.lastname@example.org ; 919-541-1409).
Information about progress to date is presented in these documents:
- R2RA Participants List (372KB)
- R2RA: Proposed Action Plan Outline (411KB)
- Summary Report - R2RA Kick-Off Call - June 15, 2011 (373KB)
- SRP-funded Research - Candidates for R2RA Projects (383KB)
- Research Project Screening Criteria (130KB)
- R2RA Conference Call Notes, 9-29-2011 (301KB)
- R2RA Conference Call Notes, 2-1-2012 (214KB)
- R2RA Conference Call Notes, 5-16-2012 (450KB)
- R2RA Conference Call Slides, 5-16-2012 (429KB)
- Research to Risk Assessment (R2RA) - Draft Progress Report - June 2013 (414KB)
- Collaboration Concepts SRP R2RA Interagency Workgroup November 12, 2013 (1MB)
- R2RA Interagency Work Group November Presentation (433KB)
- R2RA Webinar: Summary Notes (November 13, 2013) (303KB)
- R2RA Next Steps / Action Items (November 2013) (126KB)