Program Analysis Branch (PAB)
Christina (Christie) Drew, Ph.D.
The Program Analysis Branch provides independent evaluation and analysis of programs within DERT as well as categorizing and coding grants and applications. Functions within the branch include the following activities:
- Conduct long- and short-term scientific evaluation and analyses of grant portfolios to provide a basis for priority setting, decision making, and strategic planning.
- Develop methodologies and data structures to support analyses of scientific and public health impact.
- Collaborate with other DERT Program Staff to conduct program analyses that are used to recommend areas for program development and to identify emerging emphasis areas for consideration by the Institute Director and advisory groups.
- Communicate high impact science and public health relevance of extramural research.
- Coordinate information technology needs and requirements for the Division.
- Categorize all grant applications according to scientific research area, scientific program administrator and grants management specialist
- Monitor the inclusion of human subjects recruited in NIEHS supported grants
- Coordinate the Certificates of Confidentiality program
Kristianna (Kristi) Pettibone, Ph.D.
Health Scientist Administrator
Tel (919) 541-7752
Fax (301) 480-3142
Extramural Support Assistant
Tel (919) 324-6842