Risk e Learning Web Seminars
Superfund Research Program
Superfund Research Program Colleagues,
Congratulations! With your high quality content, consistency, and networking, you've made significant inroads into EPA's Superfund/ Hazardous Waste Community...Small wonder with your on-target webinar series over the past couple of years, from those on nanotechnology to ecological risk tools to bioavailability to the imminent series on sediment reduction.
Charles G. Maurice, Ph.D.
ORD Superfund & Technology Liaison
The SRP conducts interactive web-based "Risk e Learning" seminars in collaboration with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Office of Solid Waste and Emergency Response (OSWER). These live, two-hour events are hosted on the Hazardous Waste Clean-Up Information (CLU-IN) website and provide information about innovative treatment and site characterization technologies to the hazardous waste remediation community: EPA risk assessors and regional project managers, state and local regulatory agencies, environmental engineering/consulting firms, and academia.
Information regarding upcoming Risk e Learning sessions will be posted here as soon as it is available.
In case you missed them, the SRP archives past seminars. Below is a list of the past seminar series. Please follow the links to access the seminar archives.
- 2012: Arsenic – Health and Remediation Applications
- 2012: Early-life Exposures – Long term Health Consequences
- 2011: Community Engagement: New Approaches and Success Stories ("/Rhythmyx/assembler/render?sys_contentid=27386&sys_revision=1&sys_variantid=639&sys_context=0&sys_authtype=0&sys_siteid=&sys_folderid=" sys_dependentvariantid="639" sys_dependentid="27386" inlinetype="rxhyperlink" rxinlineslot="103" sys_dependentid="27386" sys_siteid="" sys_folderid="")
- 2010: Contaminated Sediments: New Tools and Approaches for in situ Remediation
- 2010: Ecological Risk: New Tools and Approaches
- 2009: Computational Toxicology: New Approaches for the 21st Century
- 2008: Bioavailability - Metals, Organics, and Use at Hazardous Waste Sites
- 2008: Phytoremediation
- 2007: Nanotechnology — Applications and Implications for Superfund
- 2005: Dense Non-Aqueous Phase Liquids
- 2004: Biosensors for Environmental Monitoring
- 2003: Metals
- 2002: Polychlorinated Biphenyls
For more information, or to suggest a Risk e Learning series theme, contact:
Heather F. Henry, Ph.D. (http://www.niehs.nih.gov/research/supported/dert/cris/staff/henry/index.cfm)
Health Science Administrator
Superfund Research Program
Tel (919) 541-5330
Fax (919) 316-4606
- Justin Crane
Tel (919) 794-4702