EagleView is an information-rich viewer for next-generation genome assembles with data integration capability. EagleView can display a dozen different types of information including base qualities, machine specific trace signals, and genome feature annotations. It provides an easy way for inspecting visually the quality of a genome assembly and validating polymorphism candidate sites (e.g., SNPs) reported by polymorphism discovery tools. It can also facilitate data interpretation and hypothesis generation. EagleView is a multi-platform application developed with C++ and is available for all three major platforms: Windows, Linux, and Mac OS.
- fast and memory efficient
- genome annotation integration
- pin-point view of machine-specific signals
- pin-point view of base quality
- pin-point view of read id and strand
- distinct mark for discrepancy sites
- navigation by read id and contig id
- data utility tools included
- navigation by genomic features or user defined locations
- zooming and printing capability
- navigation by both unpadded and padded positions
- customizable font and color for viewer
EagleView is freely available to the public, and the latest version (v2.2) can be downloaded at the following links.
- EagleView for 64-bit Debian-based Linux systems (e.g. Ubuntu) - EagleView_v2.2_Linux64.tar.gz
- EagleView for 32-bit Debian-based Linux systems (e.g. Debian) - EagleView_v2.2_Linux32.tar.gz
- EagleView for 64-bit Redhat-based Linux systems (e.g. CentOS) - EagleView_v2.2_CentOS5_x64.tar.gz
- EagleView for 64-bit MS Windows - EagleView_v2.2_Win64.exe
- EagleView for 32-bit MS Windows - EagleView_v2.2_Win32.exe
Mac OS X
- EagleView for MacOS X (with intel CPU) - EagleView_v2.1_MacOSX.dmg
MS Windows Distributions
- Package: A single binary installer for either 32 or 64-bit system (XP or Vista).
- Installation: Double click EagleView installer and simply follow its instructions.
- Launch: EagleView can launch from either Windows program menu or its shortcut at your Desktop
- Package: EagleView is distributed as a tar.gz package for both 32-bit and 64-bit Linux systems.
- Installation: simplely extract EagleView tar.gz by the following command: tar xvfz EagleView-*.tar.gz
- Launch: enter your extraction directory, and issue the following command at your Linux terminal window: ./bin/EagleView &
Apple Mac Distribution
- Package: EagleView Mac version is available for Mac OS X 10.4 or later with Intel CPU. The distribution is a disk image containing Mac OS X installation Package
- Installation: You need to have the administrator privileges to install EagleView. Installation is done by double clicking EagleView Installer the disk image
- Launch: double click EagleView application at /Applications/eagleview. The data tools for EagleView should be used in the terminal window.
Datasets for Examples and Tests
Small example datasets
Weichun Huang at Biostatistics Branch, the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS), NIH