Program Operations Branch
Michelle J. Hooth, Ph.D., D.A.B.T.
Toxicologist and Chief, Program Operations Branch
The Program Operations Branch (POB) provides critical scientific and information technology expertise necessary to conduct and support the National Toxicology Program (NTP) research efforts. Staff members are responsible for the following general functions:
- Acquiring and validating new methods and capabilities to address specific requirements for NTP studies.
- Advising NTP staff and directing the work of NTP contract study laboratories conducting general toxicology, carcinogenicity, and developmental and reproductive toxicology studies.
- Providing expertise, direction, and oversight for a number of NTP support functions including studies of absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion (ADME) and toxicokinetics, analytical chemistry and quality assessment.
- Conducting activities related to maintaining and developing databases for NTP studies as well as data capture and retrieval systems.
- Receiving, tracking, maintaining, and disseminating NTP documents and data for both the NTP public and internal websites.
To facilitate these activities, the Program Operations Branch is organized into the following:
- Chemistry and ADME (Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism and Excretion) Resources Group (CARG)
- Toxicology Study Management Workgroup (SMW)
- Information and Data Management Workgroup (IDMW).
These groups work with a variety of NTP staff to accomplish program goals. Please see specific activities and interests of each section on the Organization ("/Rhythmyx/assembler/render?sys_contentid=52081&sys_revision=1&sys_variantid=639&sys_context=0&sys_authtype=0&sys_siteid=&sys_folderid=" sys_dependentvariantid="639" sys_dependentid="52081" inlinetype="rxhyperlink" rxinlineslot="103" sys_dependentid="52081" sys_siteid="" sys_folderid="") page.
Scientific Support Staff
Tel (919) 541-3449
Fax (919) 541-4255
Sharon K. Nichols
Intramural Program Specialist
Tel (919) 541-7992
Fax (919) 541-3647