Program Operations Branch
The Program Operations Branch (POB) — headed by Branch Chief Michelle J. Hooth, Ph.D., D.A.B.T. — provides critical scientific and information technology expertise necessary to conduct and support the National Toxicology Program (NTP) research efforts. POB staff members are responsible for the following general functions:
- Acquiring and validating new methods and capabilities to address specific requirements for NTP studies.
- Advising NTP staff and directing the work of NTP contract study laboratories conducting general toxicology, carcinogenicity, and developmental and reproductive toxicology studies.
- Providing expertise, direction, and oversight for a number of NTP support functions including studies of absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion (ADME) and toxicokinetics, analytical chemistry and quality assessment.
- Conducting activities related to maintaining and developing databases for NTP studies as well as data capture and retrieval systems.
- Receiving, tracking, maintaining, and disseminating NTP documents and data for both the NTP public and internal websites.
To facilitate these activities, the Program Operations Branch is organized into the following:
- Chemistry and ADME (Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism and Excretion) Resources Group (CARG)
- Toxicology Study Management Workgroup (SMW)
- Information and Data Management Workgroup (IDMW).
These groups work with a variety of NTP staff to accomplish program goals. Please see specific activities and interests of each section on the Organization ("/Rhythmyx/assembler/render?sys_contentid=52081&sys_revision=1&sys_variantid=639&sys_context=0&sys_authtype=0&sys_siteid=&sys_folderid=" sys_dependentvariantid="639" sys_dependentid="52081" inlinetype="rxhyperlink" rxinlineslot="103" sys_dependentid="52081" sys_siteid="" sys_folderid="") page.
Scientific Support Staff
Tel (919) 541-3449
Sharon K. Nichols
Intramural Program Specialist
Tel (919) 541-7992