Swati Ghosh, Ph.D.
Membrane Signaling Group
Swati Ghosh, Ph.D.
Swati Ghosh, Ph.D., joined NIEHS in 2010 as a visiting fellow under the supervision of Raja Jothi, Ph.D. Ghosh studies how transcription factors and epigenetic modifications regulate gene expression during mouse embryonic stem (ES) cell development and differentiation. At present, she is experimentally characterizing the regulatory elements of some transcription factors involved in mouse ES cell differentiation. Her goal is to elucidate the mechanisms of gene regulation during mouse ES cell development. Ghosh joined the Membrane Signaling Group in September 2012.
In 2008 Ghosh earned her Ph.D. from Banaras Hindu University in India in with a thesis titled “Interaction of Estrogen Receptor Alpha (ER alpha) with Nuclear Proteins of Aging Mouse Brain.” During her doctoral studies, she identified nine ER alpha specific interacting proteins and their expression with age and sex in mouse brain. As a postdoctoral fellow at the Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology in India, she analyzed the proteomes of rat brain during postnatal development.
- Freudenberg JM, Ghosh S, Lackford BL, Yellaboina S, Zheng X, Li R, Cuddapah S, Wade PA, Hu G, Jothi R. 2011. Acute depletion of Tet1-dependent 5-hydroxymethylcytosine levels impairs LIF/Stat3 signaling and results in loss of embryonic stem cell identity. Nucleic Acids Res, 40(8):3364-3377. [Abstract (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22210859) ]
- Thakur MK, Ghosh S. 2010. GST-tagged mouse estrogen receptor transactivation domain fusion protein is specifically degraded during its overexpression in E. coli and Purification. Mol Bio Rep 37(3):1335-1340. [Abstract (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19319663) ]
- Ghosh S, Thakur MK. 2009. Age-dependent decrease in the interaction of beta tubulin with estrogen receptor alpha transactivation domain in mouse brain. Neurosci Lett 464(3):218-221. [Abstract (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19715742) ]
- Ghosh S, Thakur MK. 2009. Interaction of estrogen receptor alpha ligand binding domain with nuclear proteins of aging mouse brain. J Neurosci Res 87(11):2591-2600. [Abstract (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19326447) ]
- Ghosh S, Thakur MK. 2009. Interaction of estrogen receptor alpha transactivation domain with nuclear proteins of mouse brain: p68 RNA helicase shows age and sex specific change. J Neurosci Res 87(6):1323-1328. [Abstract (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19025768) ]
- Thakur MK, Ghosh S. 2009. Interaction of estrogen receptor alpha transactivation domain with MTA1 decreases in old mouse brain. J Mol Neurosci 37(3):269-273. [Abstract (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18679832) ]
- Ghosh S, Thakur MK. 2008. Tissue-specific expression of receptor-interacting protein in aging mouse. Age (Dordr). 30(4):237-243. [Abstract (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19424847) ]
- Ghosh S, Thakur MK. 2008. Overproduction of mouse estrogen receptor alpha ligand binding domain decreases bacterial growth. Mol Biol Rep. 35(4):589-594. [Abstract (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17786586) ]