Weichun Huang, Ph.D.
Weichun Huang, Ph.D.
Tel (919) 541-4943
Fax (919) 541-4311
My research is primarily in the interdisciplinary fields of statistics, biomedical sciences, and computer science and engineering. I'm interested in designing and using efficient informatic approaches to help undercover biological mechanisms underlying complex biological data. Currently, my research work focuses on the following two areas:
- Independent research in statistical methods and tools for next-generation sequencing data analysis.
- Collaborative research in biological data mining or analyses for new biology insights or discoveries.
- Huang W, Li L, Myers JR, and Marth GT. ART: a next-generation sequencing read simulator, Bioinformatics, 28(4): 593-594, 2012
- Huang W, Umbach DM, Vincent Jordan N, Abell AN, Johnson GL, Li L. Efficiently identifying genome-wide changes with next-generation sequencing data. Nucleic Acids Research 39(19): e130, 2011.
- Abell AN, Jordan NV, Huang W, Prat A, Midland AA, Johnson NL, Granger DA, Mieczkowski PA, Perou CM, Gomez SM et al. MAP3K4/CBP-regulated H2B acetylation controls epithelial-mesenchymal transition in trophoblast stem cells. Cell Stem Cell 8(5): 525-537, 2011.
- Huang W, with 1,000 Genomes Project Consortium. A map of human genome variation from population-scale sequencing. Nature 467(7319):1061-1073, 2010.
- Hillier LW, Marth GT, Quinlan AR, Dooling D, Fewell G, Barnett D, Fox P, Glasscock JI, Hickenbotham M, Huang W et al. 2008. Whole-genome sequencing and variant discovery in c. elegans. Nature Methods 5(2): 183-188, 2008.
- Huang W, Marth GT. EagleView: a genome assembly viewer for next-generation sequencing technologies. Genome Research 18(9): 1538-1543, 2008.
- Huang Wξ, Nevins JR, Ohler U. Phylogenetic simulation of promoter evolution: estimation and modeling of binding site turnover events and assessment of their impact on alignment tools. Genome Biology 8(10): R225, 2007.
- Huang W, Umbach DM, Li L. Accurate anchoring alignment of divergent sequences. Bioinformatics 22(1): 29-34, 2006.
- Huang W, Umbach DM, Ohler U, Li L. Optimized mixed Markov models for motif identification. BMC Bioinformatics 7: 279, 2006.
- ART: Next-Generation Sequencing Data Simulation
- EpiCenter: ChIP-seq and mRNA-seq Data Analysis
- EagleView: Integrated Genome Assembly, Genome Annotation, and Genetic Variation Viewer
- PSPE: Evolutionary Simulation of Gene Promoter Sequences and Regulatory Elements
- OMiMa: Model and Prediction of Biological Motifs
- ACANA: Accurate Pairwise Alignment of Divergent DNA Sequences