Gloria D. Jahnke, D.V.M., D.A.B.T
Report on Carcinogens
Gloria D. Jahnke, D.V.M., D.A.B.T.
Gloria D. Jahnke, D.V.M., D.A.B.T., is a health scientist with the Office of the Report on Carcinogens and an alternate project officer for contract support for the development of the Report on Carcinogens . The RoC is a congressionally-mandated document prepared on behalf of the Secretary of Health and Human Services that lists and discusses substances that are known or reasonably anticipated to be human carcinogens and to which a significant population of the U.S. is exposed. She provides technical support for the RoC process by preparing and editing background scientific review documents, convening scientific reviews and evaluations of these documents, and writing and presenting substance profiles for the RoC. Before joining the RoC, she was a scientist with the NTP Center for the Evaluation of Risks to Human Reproduction (CERHR) and project officer for the NTP Developmental Testing and Research contract.
Jahnke's research interests have centered on neuroendocrine-mediated mechanisms of disease, specifically on mammary gland development and biology and breast cancer. She received a Special Recognition Award from the Environmental Mutagen Society for her work on the EMS-sponsored conference, Breast Cancer and Environmental Mutagens. She is a member of the Teratology Society and has served on and chaired the Education Committee and Constitution and By-Laws Committee and is currently chairs the Public Affairs Committee. Jahnke is also member of the Genotoxicity and Environmental Mutagenesis Society and has served as Councilor, Secretary, and Treasurer for that society. She has authored over 40 publications.
Jahnke is a Board-certified toxicologist. She received her D.V.M. from North Carolina State University School of Veterinary Medicine, a Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry from Florida State University, and a Master's of Science degree in biochemistry from the University of Chicago.
- Jahnke GD. Summary of the public affairs committee symposium of the teratology society 2011 annual meeting: the thyroid and iodine: impacts on pregnancy and child health. Birth defects research. Part A, Clinical and molecular teratology 2012 94(2):114-5[Abstract]
- Price, C.J., George, J.D., Marr, M.C., Myers, C.B., Bieler, G.S., Williams, R.L., and Jahnke, G.D.: Prenatal Developmental Toxicity Evaluation of 2',3'-Dideoxyinosine (ddI) and 2',3'-Didehydro-3'-deoxythymidine (d4T) Co-Administered to Swiss Albino (CD-1®) Mice. BDR Part B: Developmental and Reproductive Toxicology 77(3): 207-215 (2006).[Abstract]
- Jahnke, G.D., Price, C.J., Marr, M.C., Myers, C.B., and George, J.D.: Developmental Toxicity Evaluation of Berberine in Rats and Mice. BDR Part B: Developmental and Reproductive Toxicology 77 (3):195-206 (2006).[Abstract]
- Price, C.J., Marr, M.C., Myers, C.B., and Jahnke, G.D.: Postnatal Development of Rat Pups Following Maternal Exposure to Diethanolamine. BDR Part B: Developmental and Reproductive Toxicology 74 (3):243-254 (2005).[Abstract]
- Jahnke, G.D., Iannucci, A.R., Scialli, A.R., and Shelby, M.D.: Center for the Evaluation of Risks to Human Reproduction - The First Five Years. BDR Part B: Developmental and Reproductive Toxicology, 74:1-8 (2005).[Abstract]
- Jahnke GD, Price CJ, Marr, MC, Myers CB, and George, JD. Developmental Toxicity Evaluation of Emodin in Rats and Mice. BDR Part B: Developmental and Reproductive Toxicology, 71(2):89-101 (2004).[Abstract]
- Choksi, N.Y., Jahnke, G.D., St. Hilaire, C., and Shelby, M.: Role of Thyroid Hormones in Human and Laboratory Animal Reproductive Health. Birth Defects Research Part B, 68:479-491 (2003).[Abstract]
- Jahnke, G.D., Choksi, N.Y., Moore, J.A., and Shelby, M.D.: Thyroid Toxicants: Assessing Reproductive Health Effects. Environmental Health Perspectives, 112(3):363-8 (2004).[Abstract]
- Tyl, R.W., Price, C.J., Marr, M.C., vanBirgelen, A.P., Jahnke, G.D.: Developmental toxicity evaluation of sodium thioglycolate administered topically to Sprague-Dawley (CD) rats and New Zealand White rabbits. BDR Part B Developmental Reproductive Toxicology, 68(2): 144-161 (2003).[Abstract]
- George, J.D., Price, G.J., Marr M.C., Myers, C.B. and Jahnke G.D.: Evaluation of the Developmental Toxicity of Formamide in New Zealand White Rabbits. Toxicological Sciences, 69(1):165-174 (2002).[Abstract]
- Jahnke, G.D., Brunssen, S., Maier, W.E., and Harry, G.J.: Neurotoxicant-Induced Elevation of Adrenomedulin Expression in Hippocampus and Glia Cultures. Journal of Neuroscience Research 66:464-474 (2001).[Abstract]
- Jahnke, G.D.: Research Commentary on Identification of Phthalate Esters in the Serum of Young Puerto Rican Girls with Premature Breast Development. The Ribbon, 6(1) 9-10 (2001).
- George, J.D, Price, C.J., Marr, M.C., Myers, C.B. and Jahnke, G.D.: Developmental Toxicity Evaluation of 1,2,3,4-Butanetetracarboxylic Acid in Spraque-Dawley Rats. Reproductive Toxicology, 15: 413-420 (2001).[Abstract]
- George, J.D., Price, C.J., Marr, M.C., Myers, C.B., Jahnke, G.D.: Evaluation of the Developmental Toxicity of Isoeugenol in Sprague-Dawley (CD) Rats. Toxicological Sciences, 60:112-120 (2001).[Abstract]
- George, J.D., Price, C.J., Marr, M.C., Myers, C.B. and Jahnke G.D.: Evaluation of the Developmental Toxicity of Formamide in Sprague-Dawley (CD) Rats. Toxicological Sciences, 57:284-291 (2000).[Abstract]
- Jahnke, G.D., Marr, M., Meyers, C., Wilson, R., Travlos, G. and Price, C.: Maternal and Developmental Toxicity Evaluation of Melatonin Administered Orally to Pregnant Sprague Dawley Rats. Toxicological Sciences, 50: 271-279 (1999).[Abstract]
- Jahnke, G.D., Miller, M-J, Martinez, A., Montuenga, L., and Cuttitta, F.: Adrenomedullin Expression in the Normal Mouse Mammary Gland: Evidence for the Mature Form in Milk. Journal of Molecular Endocrinology, 19: 279-289 (1997).[Abstract]
- Jahnke, G.D., Trempus, C.S., Kari, F.W., and DiAugustine, R.P.: Expression of a Prolactin-Like Factor in Preneoplastic and Neoplastic Mouse Mammary Gland and Cells. Journal of Molecular Endocrinology, 17:247-256 (1996).[Abstract]
- Jahnke, G.D.and Barrett, J.C.: Environmental Causes of Breast Cancer: Future Research Directions. In: Cellular and Molecular Mechanisms of Hormonal Carcinogenesis: Environmental Influences, Huff, J., Boyd, J, and Barrett, J.C., eds, Wiley-Liss, N.Y., pp. 455-470, 1995.