Health Assessment and Translation
Kris Thayer, Ph.D.
Director, Office of Health Assessment and Translation
Kristina Thayer, Ph.D. is director of the National Toxicology Program’s (NTP) Office of Health Assessment and Translation (OHAT) located on the campus of the National Institute for Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS). OHAT conducts evaluations to assess the evidence that environmental chemicals, physical substances, or mixtures (collectively referred to as "substances") cause adverse health effects and provides opinions on whether these substances may be of concern given what is known about current human exposure levels. OHAT also organizes workshops, state-of-the-science evaluations, or other analysis activities to address issues of importance in environmental health sciences. Before becoming director of OHAT, she held positions in the NTP Office of Liaison, Policy, and Review, the NIEHS Office of Risk Assessment Research and the NTP Center for the Evaluation or Risks to Human Reproduction (CERHR). Prior to joining the NTP/NIEHS, she was a senior scientist at the World Wildlife Fund and then at the Environmental Working Group.
- Murray HE, Thayer KA. Implementing systematic review in toxicological profiles: ATSDR and NIEHS/NTP collaboration. Journal of environmental health 2014 76(8):34-35.[Abstract]
- Taylor KW, Hoffman K, Thayer KA, Daniels JL. 2014. Polyfluoroalkyl Chemicals and Menopause among Women 20-65 Years of Age (NHANES). Environmental health perspectives 122(2):145-150. [Abstract]
- Maull EA, Ahsan H, Edwards J, Longnecker MP, Navas-Acien A, Pi J, Silbergeld EK, Styblo M, Tseng CH, Thayer KA, Loomis D. 2012. Evaluation of the Association between Arsenic and Diabetes: A National Toxicology Program Workshop Review. Environ Health Perspect.[Abstract]
- Boekelheide K, Blumberg B, Chapin RE, Cote I, Graziano JH, Janesick A, Lane R, Lillycrop K, Myatt L, States JC, Thayer KA, Waalkes MP, Rogers JM.2012. Predicting Later-Life Outcomes of Early-Life Exposures. Environ Health Perspect.[Abstract]
- Thayer KA, Heindel JJ, Bucher JR, Gallo MA. 2012. Role of environmental chemicals in diabetes and obesity: a National Toxicology Program workshop review. Environ Health Perspect 120(6):779-89.[Abstract]
- Howard SG, Heindel JJ, Thayer KA, Porta M. 2011. Environmental pollutants and beta cell function: relevance for type 1 and gestational diabetes. Diabetologia. Dec; 54(12):3168-9.
- Boyles AL, Harris SF, Rooney AA, Thayer KA. 2011. Forest Plot Viewer: a new graphing tool. Epidemiology Sep;22(5):746-7.
- Bucher JR, Thayer K, Birnbaum LS. 2011. The Office of Health Assessment and Translation: a problem-solving resource for the National Toxicology Program. Environ Health Perspect May;119(5):A196-7.[Abstract]