Inside the Institute
Calendar of Upcoming Events
Dec 02, Rodbell Auditorium 10:30 a.m.–12:00 p.m. — NIEHS-NCATS-UNC DREAM Toxicogenetics Challenge: Crowdsourcing Tox21 Qualitative High Throughput Screening Data
Dec 03, Executive Conference Room 12:00 p.m.–1:00 p.m. — Receptor Mechanisms Discussion Group seminar by Seth Kullman, Ph.D., on "Heart, Bone, and Cartilage: What's AhR Got to Do With It"
Dec 06, Rodbell A 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. — Laboratory of Reproductive and Developmental Toxicology Seminar Series, featuring Kanako Hayashi, Ph.D., discussing "The Impact of Epithelial Genes in Endometrial and Ovarian Cancer"
Dec 09, Keystone 1003AB 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. — Keystone Science Lecture Seminar Series with Sara Wylie, Ph.D., discussing “Towards a Civic Technoscience: ExtrAct and Public Laboratory for Open Technology and Science”
Dec 10, Keystone 1003AB 10:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. — NTP Biomolecular Screening Branch Seminar on “Amphibian Populations in Urban and Natural Environment in Urals,” by Vladimir Vershinin, Ph.D., D.Sc.
Dec 11, webinar 1:00 p.m.–2:30 p.m. —
EPA/NIEHS Children's Centers 2013 Webinar Series on Environment and Obesity
Dec 12–13, Rodbell Auditorium 8:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m. — NTP Report on Carcinogens Peer Review
Dec 17, Rall F-193 — DNA Repair Videoconference with Yves Pommier, M.D., Ph.D. discussing “Application of the NCI CellMiner Cancer Genome Project to the DNA Damage Response Genes.”
View More Events: NIEHS Public Calendar
Extramural papers of the month/news/newsletter/2013/12/dert/index.htm
- Epigenetic effects of DDT lead to obesity in later generations
- Air pollution and psychological distress during pregnancy
- Eliminating damaged mitochondria from neuronal cells
- Maternal inhalation of nanomaterials can influence fetal health
Intramural papers of the month/news/newsletter/2013/12/dir/index.htm
- Understanding how ribonucleotides in DNA exert their biological effects
- Stress hormone signaling found to prevent heart disease
- DNA methylation as a biomarker to detect breast cancer
- Tanning gene linked to increased risk of testicular cancer