NIEHS employees recognized by NIH OD
By Eddy Ball
Ten NIEHS employees were among those recognized Dec. 19 at the 2012 NIH Office of the Director (OD) Honor Award ceremony in the Natcher Auditorium on the NIH campus in Bethesda, Md.
(Launches in new window)
On hand to present the awards were NIH Director Francis Collins, M.D., Ph.D., and Principal Deputy Director Lawrence Tabak, D.D.S., Ph.D., who were joined on stage by deputy directors of the respective areas in which recipient employees were honored.
“The OD Honor Award recognizes exceptional contributions by employees to the NIH mission,” said NIH OD Senior Program Advisor Janie Kuhn, who organized the program. The Honor Award ranks with the NIH Merit Award, which can be awarded by directors of institutes and centers, and is often presented in recognition of outstanding performance by employees involved in trans-NIH, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), and other federal initiatives.
Awardees from NIEHS included the following:
- Office of Management Program Coordinator Monya Brace and Office of Clinical Research Clinical Laboratory Manager Annette Rice — 2011 Feds Feed Families Team — In recognition of exemplary efforts in promoting the Fed's Feed Families Campaign at the National Institutes of Health and throughout the United States.
- Office of Acquisitions Contract Specialist Antoinette Bridges, D.M., Office of Acquisitions Branch Chief Charles Conrad, and Administrative Services and Analysis Branch Employee Services Program Specialist Cynthia Radford — Appropriations Law Training and Leadership Group — For outstanding achievement in providing alternative offerings, essential communications, tracking, and problem resolution to ensure full compliance with the DHHS Appropriations Law Requirement.
- Office of Technology Transfer Director Elizabeth Denholm, Ph.D. — NIH Biospecimen Working Group — For dedication and diligent, persistent efforts, which have resulted in a major overhaul in the reporting of biospecimens at NIH.
- Clinical Research Program Institutional Review Board Administrator Jane Lambert — NIH Clinical Research Protocol Application Taskforce — For persistent, outstanding efforts to create and harmonize the contents of the NIH clinical research protocol template.
- Grants Management Branch Grants Management Specialist Molly Puente, Ph.D. — Research Performance Progress Report Group — In recognition of exceptional leadership and outstanding efforts in NIH's implementation of the Federal-wide Research Performance Progress Report.
- Scientific Review Branch Health Scientist Administrator Janice Allen, Ph.D. — Review Policy Committee Scientific Review Officer Technical Competencies Team — In recognition of exceptional vision, teamwork, and collaboration in identifying Scientific Review Officer Core Technical Competencies.
- Laboratory of Molecular Carcinogenesis Staff Scientist John Roberts, Ph.D. — Team for Implementing the Animal Care and Use Guide at NIH — For assuring a future national and international leadership role of the NIH Animal Care and Use Program with the 8th edition of their guide.