Environmental Factor, February 2008, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
Family Health Transitions Seminar Series Begins February 6
By Eddy Ball
The NIEHS Office of Management and the Disability Advocacy Committee are sponsoring a series of six seminars on family health transitions topics. The presentations will take place on Wednesdays during February and March in the Executive Conference Room and will feature local experts with non-profits and businesses.
- Feb 6: 1:00 - 3:00 - "Eldercare Issues" - by Gavin Densmore of Helping Hands of America (http://www.hhamerica.com/)
- Feb 13: 2:00 - 3:00 - "The Many Faces of Loss, Grief and Bereavement: Finding Your Way Back to 'Normal'" - by Edna Ballard, Joseph and Kathleen Bryan Alzheimer's Disease Research Center (http://triangle.bizjournals.com/triangle/stories/2006/12/18/focus3.html). Duke Medical Center
- Feb 20: 1:00 - 2:00 - "Loneliness from Loss," by Barbara Keyworth, NIEHS Employee Assistance Program
- Feb 27: 1:30 - 3:00 - "Physical Accommodations for Family Health Transitions" - by Laurie Ringaert, Universal Design Consulting (http://3dforall.com/)
- Mar 12: 1:30 - 3:00 - "Coping with Childhood Grief" - Family Health Transitions, Duke Health
- Mar 26: 10:00 - 11:00 - Legal and Family Financial Questions - Family Health Transitions, Erica Wehner, J.D.; Armor Trust Attorneys in Raleigh, NC
For more information contact Dona McNeill, Cynthia Radford, Ginny Ivanoff, Cindy Innes, Jeannie Bell-Nichols or Alicia Moore.