Environmental Factor, March 2007, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
Calendar of Upcoming Events
- March 1 in Rall F193, 10:30 - 11:30 - Seminar with Max Costa, Ph.D., speaking on "Epigenetic Mechanisms of Nickel Carcinogenesis"
- March 7 in Rodbell C, 3:30 - 4:30 - Seminar with Tyrone Hayes, Ph.D., speaking on "From Silent Spring to Silent Night: The Connection between Pesticides, Amphibian Declines and Cancer"
- March 8 in Rodbell, 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM - 2007 Environmental Stewardship Initiative Meeting featuring William G. Ross, Jr., NC DENR
- March 9 in Rodbell, 10:00 - 11:30 - LMG Special Seminar Series with Matt Meselson, Ph.D., speaking on "What Maintains Sexual Reproduction?"
- March 13 in Rodbell, 11:00 - 12:30 - Distinguished Lecture Seminar Series with Peter Jones, Ph.D., speaking on "How the Epigenome Changes in Cancer"
- March 14 (off campus event) in the Toxicology Building on the NCSU Centennial Campus, 8:30 AM. - 5:00 PM - Randy L. Rose Memorial Symposium: Human Metabolic Interactions of Environmental Chemicals. To register, contact Dr. Ernest Hodgson.
- March 14 (off campus event) in Jones Auditorium, Meredith College, at 7:00 PM - Center for Women and Science Community Outreach Lecture with Judy Norsigian, Executive Director of Our Bodies-Our Selves, speaking on "Stem Cell Research and the Implications for Women's Health." RSVP and Information
- March 16 in Rodbell, 9:00 - 10:00 - Director's Weekly Seminar (speaker to be announced)
- March 20 in Rodbell, 10:30 - Spirit Lecture Series featuring Alice Huang, Ph.D.
- March 20 (off campus event) in 408 Mary Ellen Jones Building, UNC-CH, at 11:00 - Biochemistry and Biophysics Lecture with John Cidlowski, Ph.D., speaking on "Glucocorticoids: New Mechanisms for Generating Tissue Specific Actions of Steroid"
- March 20 (off campus event) in 1102 Mary Ellen Jones Building, UNC-CH, at 4:00 - Pharmacology Lecture with James Putney, Ph.D., speaking on "Molecular Basis of Capacitative Calcium Entry"
- March 20 (off campus event) in Women's Center, Duke West Campus, 5:15 - 7:00 PM - Graduate and Professional Women's Network screens the film "Made in Thailand" about women workers; RSVP and Food Preference
- March 21 in Nottingham 201, 10:00 - 12:00 - Marketplace 2007 Small Business Regional Planning Meeting
- March 21 in Rall D350, 12:00 - 1:00 - LMG Seminar Series with Sue Jinks-Robertson, Ph.D., speaking on "Genome Stability and the 3 r's in Yeast"
- March 21 in Rodbell C, 2:00 - 3:30 - Mayumi Case, Raleigh Ki-Akido, speaking on "Self Defense for Women Using Mind/Body Coordination"
- March 26 and 27 in Rodbell, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM - Board of Scientific Counselors Review of LMC and Former NCT